Ms Cecilia Punt
Cecilia Punt worked as an agricultural economist at the Western Cape Department of Agriculture from January 1998 until July 2010. The last few years she was the manager of the Macro-economics Division of the Agricultural Economics Programme and between 2001 and 2006 she acted as project leader of the Provincial Decision-making Enabling (PROVIDE) Project, a national project to develop and apply a quantitative framework for multi-sector analysis.
Ms Punt has experience in the compilation of Social Accounting Matrices (SAMs), input-output analyses, multiplier analyses and the development and use of Computable General Equilibrium (CGE) models. She accepted a position as lecturer at the University of Stellenbosch in August 2010 and is currently responsible for lecturing Introductory Econometrics to final year agricultural economics students and International Trade to Honours degree students.
- NYHODO, B, PUNT, C and VINK, N (2009) The potential impact of the Doha Development Agenda on the South African economy: liberalization OECD agriculture and food trade. March 2009, Agrekon 48(1). View article
- MCDONALD, S, PUNT, C, RANTHO, L and VAN SCHOOR, M (2008) Costs and benefits of higher tariffs on wheat imports to South Africa. March 2008, Agrekon 47(1). View article
- PAUW, K, MCDONALD, S and PUNT, C (2007) Agricultural Efficiency and Welfare in South Africa. Development Southern Africa Vol.24, No.2, June 2007. View article
- McDONALD, S and PUNT, C (2005) General equilibrium modelling in South Africa: What the future holds. March 2005, Agrekon 44(1). View article
- McDONALD, S and PUNT, C (2004) Some welfare implications of a land tax on the Western Cape. September 2004, South African Journal of Economics 72(4). View article
- McDONALD, S and PUNT, C (2002) Supply constraints, export opportunities and agriculture in the Western Cape of South Africa. Journal of Studies in Economics and Econometrics. April 2002, Vol 26, no 1. View article
- CHANT, LJ, McDONALD, S and PUNT, C (2001) Agricultural trade liberalisation, agricultural productivity growth and employment. December 2001, Agrekon 40(4). View article
- PUNT, C (2001) Stygende Brandstofpryse: Die Impak op Landbou in die Wes-Kaap. Wes-Kaapse Landbou Toestande Maart 2001, Jaargang 5, Nommer 9.
- BERNING, C, DU PLESSIS, LA, and VILJOEN, MF (2001) Loss functions for structural flood mitigation measures. Water SA, Vol 27, no 1. View article
- BERNING, C, VILJOEN, MF and DU PLESSIS, LA (2000) Loss functions for sugar-cane: Depth and duration of inundation as determinants of extent of flood damage, Water SA, Vol 26, no 4. View article
- BERNING, C, VILJOEN, MF and DU PLESSIS, LA (1999) Integrating the ex post and ex ante approaches to flood damage estimation. December 1999, Agrekon 38(4). View article
- BERNING, C (1998) Ex post and ex ante estimation of the economic implications of flood damage in the Mfolozi floodplain. M.Sc.Agric dissertation, University of the Orange Free State, Bloemfontein.
- DU PLESSIS, LA, VILJOEN, MF, WEEPENER, HL and BERNING, C (1998) Flood damage functions, models and a computer program for irrigation areas in South Africa. Vol. 2: Irrigation areas. WRC Report: 889/1/98. ISBN: 1 86845 440 1. Pretoria.
- BERNING, C and POTGIETER, PJ (1996) Red Meat Processing in the Free State: Problems Encountered at Farm Level. December 1996, Agrekon 35(4). View article
Dept. of Agricultural Economics
J.S. Marais Building
Private Bag X1
Tel +27 (0) 21 808 4758
Fax +27 (0) 21 808 4670