Level 1: Small groups - Breakfast meetings or presentations; Formally
arranged hospital or inter-departmental meetings or updates; Case
study discussions; Formally organised special purpose
teaching/learning ward rounds (not including the routine daily ward
rounds and teaching ward rounds); Formally organised special purpose
lectures that are not part of a business meeting; Mentoring and
supervision activities that is specific to certain professions e.g.
Large groups - Conferences, symposia, refresher courses, short
courses without a measurable outcome, international conferences
Level 2: Education, Training, Research and Publications
Level 3: Structured learning (by which is understood a formal programme that is
planned and recorded, presented by an accredited training institution,
evaluated by an accredited assessor, with a measurable outcome).
Any other general questions concerning the CEU system of the HPCSA can be directed to:
Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
PO Box 19063
Tel: +02721 9389532
Fax: +02721 9389714
• A letter will be sent to the non-compliant practitioner requesting a reason for the non compliance. A practitioner will be required to furnish the CPD Department with a letter of explanation within two weeks of receipt of the letter of enquiry from the CPD Department.
• Should the explanation be acceptable, the practitioner will be given six months to comply with the CPD requirements. Evidence of such compliance must be received by the CPD Department within two weeks of the end of the six months period.
• Should the practitioner not comply with the requirement his/her name will be forwarded without delay to the Committee of Preliminary Enquiry. The Committee of Preliminary Enquiry may decide on the basis of evidence, to grant a final additional 6 month period to comply with the CPD requirements.
Should the practitioner still not comply with the CPD requirements within the second six months period, one of the following actions will be taken:
• Registration in a category that will provide for supervision as considered appropriate by the relevant Professional Board.
• A remedial programme of continuing education and training as specified by the Professional Board.
• An examination as determined by the Professional Board.
• Suspension from practice for a period of time as determined by the Professional Board or
• Any other action as recommended by the Professional Board.
Alle voorwaardes voorbehou © 2013
Privaat Sak X1,
Stellenbosch, Suid Afrika
Tel.: +27 21 808 9111